The Defensive Driving class helps drivers learn safe driving attitudes and behaviors.
Students must: 1. attend all six hours, 2. not arrive late or leave early. 3. score 70% or better to pass and receive a Certificate of Completion.The Certificate can be turned in:
- to the judge that ordered the class for ticket dismissal,
- to the Department of Driver Services for a reduction of up to 7 points on the license or a license reinstatement,
- auto insurer for an insurance reduction, at the discretion of the insurer.
Pre-registration and payment of $95 fee (set by the State of Georgia) is required.
WHAT IS THE RISK REDUCTION PROGRAM?
The Risk Reduction Program (RRP) is a program mandated by law for people convicted of Driving Under the Influence (DUI), possession of illegal drugs, underage possession of alcohol while driving a motor vehicle, or Boating Under the Influence (BUI).
The goal of the RRP is to help each person reduce the risk of future health and impairment problems created by alcohol and/or drug use, especially drinking and driving, and to understand and accept the need to make the necessary changes to avoid these problems in the future.
.It has 2 steps:
- Step 1: Complete NEEDS Assessment $100.00
- Step 2: Take the 20-hour Risk Reduction class. $260.00
- Total State set fee for this program is $360.00